AR-media™ Plugin for Vectorworks®
With AR-media™ Plugin, Vectorworks® users are allowed to visualize their 3D projects using Augmented Reality directly in the real physical space which surrounds them.
In a very precise sense, through AR-media™ Plugin, Vectorworks 3D projects can be visualized out of the digital workspace directly on users' desktop, by connecting a simple webcam and by printing a suitable code.
By means of the exporting feature, users can create and publish augmented reality files autonomously. Files created by this feature can be visualized on any computer with the freely available AR-media™ Player, without the need of having Vectorworks® and the Plugin installed. Users can now create their own Vectorworks’ Augmented Reality models and distribute them to their clients as independent, stand-alone files and let their clients experience such models in Augmented Reality in a click.
- Study and analyze scaled virtual prototypes in real environments
- Communicate 3D projects immersively and astonishingly
AR-media™ Plugin supports Vectorworks® version from 2012 onwards (any previous version is not supported).
The features of the AR-media™ Plugin enhance designer's control over Augmented Reality workflow and visualization.
Export for mobile devicesNotes
Geo-located models for iOS devices: you can now use iOS Player to display virtual models in the real world without any marker.Product Sheet.
|Markers Library (number of markers)||With AR-media™ Plugin you can create Augmented Reality scenes based on a pre-set library of markers. You are free to associate any 3D model to any predefined marker available.|
|Exporter for ARPlayer||With AR-media™ Plugin you can create independent Augmented Reality files with extension .armedia and let other users enjoy them using the free AR-media™ Player (both Standard and for iOS devices). You are free to distribute this content at no charge for most uses in compliance with the License Agreement.|
|Marker Generator||With AR-media™ Plugin you can create your own markers. Creating your own markers you will be able to provide users with highly personalized Augmented Reality content|
|Light debug Mode||Light is an important factor in Augmented Reality applications as it affects strongly the performance and stability of the AR visualization specifically for what concerns the tracking of the markers. With AR-media™ Plugin you have better control on the tracking algorithms, thus being able to adjust important parameters as a function of the real lighting conditions of your real world scene. Moreover you are able to adjust tracking parameters with useful visual feedback. This is what we call the "Lighting Debug" Mode.|
|Layers' Management||3D objects attached to a marker can now be placed in different layers and you can easily manage them during the AR visualization.|
You can now put a light in your scene which will allow objects attached to selected markers to cast and receive shadows.
Currently, only one light can cast shadows during the AR visualization. Other lights will only affect the illumination of the objects.
|Clipping/Sectioning||During the Augmented Reality visualization, you can enable the Clipping mode which permits you to view sections and clipping planes of the selected 3D objects|
|Antialiasing||The Antialiasing function allows users to minimize some visual artifacts of the 3D content in the Augmented Reality view|
|Real-time Rendering||During the Augmented Reality visualization AR-media™ Plugin performs real-time rendering in a way that is compatible with the standard rendering engine. Please consult the User Guide for more information.|
|HD Support||AR-media™ Plugin supports a wide range of HD webcams and cameras. A suitable frame grabber could be required.|
|Tracking Technology||Even though AR-media™ platform is not limited to a given tracking technology, AR-media™ Plugin is based on a marker tracking technique.|
|Head Mounted Displays Support||A variety of Head Mounted Displays is supported by AR-media™ Plugin. AR-media™ Plugin supports, but is not limited to, eMagin Z800 3D Visor, I-O Display Systems i-Glasses, VR ProAR.|
Currently some limitations apply when exporting models for the iOS player:
- the exported model will be displayed on the chosen marker (linked or multiple markers are not supported yet)
- the exported model will be automatically scaled and positioned in order to be visible on the marker (anyway users can later rotate and scale the model using natural gestures)
- soundtracks are not exported yet
- advanced features like real-time shadows, layers and sectioning are not supported by the iOS player
Please note that the iOS player is under continuous development and these limitations will be progressively removed.
- AR-media™ Plugin for Vectorworks® up to 2013 for Windows® XP/Vista/7/8
- AR-media™ Plugin for Vectorworks® up to 2013 for Mac OS X 10.5 and later (Intel)
- AR-media™ Plugin for Vectorworks® 2014 and later for Windows® XP/Vista/7/8
- AR-media™ Plugin for Vectorworks® 2014 and later for Mac OS X 10.5 and later (Intel)
Register to activate your license.
Quick Start Guide:
- AR-media™ Plugin for Vectorworks® (Quick Start Guide - Windows Version)
- AR-media™ Plugin for Vectorworks® (Quick Start Guide - Mac OS X Version - Intel)
- AR-media™ Plugin for Vectorworks® (Users' Guide - Windows Version)
- AR-media™ Plugin for Vectorworks® (Users' Guide - Mac OS X Version - Intel)
- Default Marker for AR-media™ Plugin/Player
- Register here to activate a license for the FREE version of the AR-media™ Plugin.
- Already registered? Access the control panel to manage your account and licenses.